Balsamic tomato.............

My absolute favourite food on Chrismas Day.........
it's become such a tradition........a tradition that also includes our neighbours joining us for breakfast every year..........Balsamic tomato and ham on toast...........
Balsamic Tomato.........
best to do the night before and will keep for a few days............
a flat dish that has a lid............
you can adjust this to suit how much you need
slice up lots of tomatoes (6-8) (bit thicker slices)
1 spanish onion sliced
1/2 bunch basil
add in
salt and pepper to taste
balsamic vinegar
cider vinegar
sometimes I add brown vinegar
this time I only used balsamic and cider so I probably did 2/3 balsamic to 1/3 cider
if I had some brown vinegar too I would probably go about 1/2 balsamic and a 1/4 each brown and cider..................
I used to mainly use brown many many years ago but then I discovered the other vinegars......
(I wouldn't use white vinegar though)
basically they tomato mix needs to be swimming in the liquid mix......see the photo above.....
sometimes I add a sprinkle of sugar too.......
This is just the best dish..........
My Dad LOVES it so I often have a bowl of this as one of a salads for the main meal too...........
can never have enough.............
Catch you later
Chookyblue

Comments