Balsamic onion entree..........

This dish is one have haven't made for awhile and I usually make them in a different tray to today and they are more open.........but this little tray worked just fine........I'm not sure how this one developed..........like some of my cooking.........just wing it........

Ingredients

approx 6 spanish onions (red onions) sliced thin

90g butter

2 tablespoons oil

1/2-3/4 cup balsamic vinegar

1 teaspoon brown sugar

salt and pepper

3-4 sheets puff pastry

Cook in a hot over approx 200C (400F) for about 15mins

Add the butter and oil to the pan.......once melted add the onions..........
This is the pile I cut.........
when they get to this stage I add some of the balsamic vinegar and sugar.............
Keep adding bits of balsamic.....starting to get nice and glazed..........
Be careful to cut perfect straight lines like I did on your puff pastry...................lol
this is looking more like done now.............
heaven up close...........
Sorry missed a pic of the tray as I was preparing and took this one after they were not long in the oven............but you can see I fiddled with the puff pastry and pushed it into the tray.........then put approx a teaspoon of onion in..........I just really kept going until I had some in all the pastry........there are 24 of these..........if you use flatter pastry that also works fine just pop it into the centre of the pastry.......
they don't take long to cook............
so cute in this tray.........
bite size perfect for an entree........
and they were a hit.......
Let me know if you give this a whirl........
Catch you later........
Chookyblue.......

Comments

  1. mmmm yum! They look really good.. I am going to have to try this soon! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment