Fried Rice........

I don't know anyone who makes fried rice the way I do.............

this is how I taught in school..........

But it is quick and easy and works well for me..........

put some oil in your fry pan and cover the bottom of the fry pan with rice...........

fry this up until it starts to brown up............

Once it has started to brown up add chicken stock until the rice is covered approx 1cm............

I add about a tablespoon of soy sauce and maybe a teaspoon of Chinese Five Spice........... truth be told I sprinkle this and that..........hmm that looks enough.....

Let this simmer until the rice of nearly cooked...........add a bit more water if you need...........don't let it start sticking to the bottom......it's best if you can still have a bit of moisture when you add the vegies etc..........

add in whatever you like.........I add peas, corn, capsicum (reds great for the colour), asian vegie mix tin (bean sprouts, bamboo shoots and baby corn), shallots if I have some

In a separate pan I cook up some chopped bacon and cook some eggs (omelette style)...........break up the cooked egg and add both to the fried rice also...........

taste it now and see if you need any more soy sauce..........

you can also serve it with some sweet and sour sauce or sweet chilli if that takes your fancy..........

its quick and really yummy.........we eat it just like this.........

if you want to make it more "proper" meal then add some chicken pieces???

Catch you later
Chookyblue

PS ingredients list for a large deep fry pan.........I use my electric frying pan
Long grain rice hmm 2-3 cups???
1 litre chicken stock?
Chinese five spice 1teasp
Soy Sauce to taste
1 x Capsicum red or green
1 x 440g tin corn kernels
1 cup peas
1x tin asian mix vegies
1 x tin bean sprouts (I can never get fresh)
4-5 shallots chopped
approx 5 eggs
6 rashers bacon diced
Sweet and sour sauce (optional)

Comments