Chicken Risoni..........

Chicken Risoni
1 tablespoon butter
1.5kg chicken "lovely legs" or drum sticks (I have used 2kg)
1 leek, sliced thinly
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons paprika
1/2 teaspoon tumeric
1/2 cup (125mls) dry white wine (enjoy a glass from the bottle yourself too)
4 cups (1 litre) chicken stock
1 1/2 cups risoni pasta
4 cups (100grams) baby spinach leaves
I used my big heavy based pot but my friend combined hers into a casserole dish and finished it in the oven.
Melt butter in a large heavy-based pot and brown chicken, set aside. 
Gently fry leek and garlic in pan until tender. 
Add spices and gently fry for 1 minute or until fragrant. 
Add wine and simmer for 1 minute to reduce.
Add stock and bring to the boil. 
Stir in risoni and return chicken to pan. 
(I actually added my big drum sticks for about 10mins in the stock then added the risoni)
Cover and bake/cook 25-30 mins or until chicken and risoni are cooked and stock absorbed. 
Stir thru baby spinach leaves just before serving.

Happy Cooking
Chookyblue

Comments